3. LABOUR MARKET
Unemployment remains by and large the top economic and social problem in Spain, with unprecedented unemployment rates in the history of the country and unknown for any other advanced economy.
The reasons for such a gloomy scenario are manifold, however there is agreement in that radical changes are needed in labour market regulations and in the design and implementation of active labour market policies.
The timeline below keeps track in chronological order of the policy analysis, recommendations and reforms in Spain in the following four subareas:
- Labour market regulations
- Active labour market policies
The filter acts in combination with the timeline and allows selecting and viewing:
- only the reports issued by international organizations, by clicking "Other Institutions"
- only the laws and policy measures adopted by the Spanish Government, by clicking "Spanish Government"
- a combined view of reports and policy events, by clicking "All Authors"