5. FISCAL POLICY AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
Being under international attention, Spain needs to control its public deficit and do so in an efficient manner. Furthermore, firms and households, if they are to release their full potential, need also the help of an efficient public administration.
Spain has undeniably shown real progress in reducing public deficit in recent times. Looking ahead, the question is open concerning which part is going to take the lion's share in the forthcoming adjustment: revenue increases or expenditure cuts.
The timeline below keeps track in chronological order of the policy analysis, recommendations and reforms in Spain in the following four subareas:
- Economic governance
- Fiscal consolidation and fiscal reform
- Reform of the public administration
The filter acts in combination with the timeline and allows selecting and viewing:
- only the reports issued by international organizations, by clicking "Other Institutions"
- only the laws and policy measures adopted by the Spanish Government, by clicking "Spanish Government"
- a combined view of reports and policy events, by clicking "All Authors"